Monday 26 January 2009

Way beyond Summer Bay...

It took me a while to place Isabel Lucas when I saw her photo shoot and interview in Jalouse magazine in France recently. I seem to have missed her arrival into the Hollywood crowd, so it took me a second to realise why her face was familiar to me - then I twigged, from the days when Home and Away was on Channel 5 at 6pm and I could get home in time to watch it. I’m pleased she is doing well as I always liked her from the show and she seems a really lovely girl in interviews etc. Not only that, she has such a unique style, quite girly with a definite hippie vibe. Isabel grew up between Queensland and Lausanne, with a Australian father and Swiss mother, and in Queensland lived with an Aboriginal community. In the interview, Isabel talks about the whaling protest she travelled to Japan for in 2007, and some of the charity work she has done in Africa over the years. With my rusty French I managed to pick up the gist of the interview, and she comes across as very mature and focused, and passionate about everything she does e.g. the whaling protest as well as her acting career.


A few pics from the Jalouse shoot:

The first page of the shoot, just shows why Isabel Lucas is the new face to look out for. She looks stunning in this Isabel Marant skirt and American Retro jacket. And again she looks simply gorgeous below in this Marc by Marc Jacobs hat:



I'm not too keen on the outfit she is wearing in this shot, it looks so far removed from her usual style. However it is still a stunning picture, and if anyone can pull off matching burgundy pedal pushers and shoe boots, Isabel can!

Isabel's own style:

I love the fact that she's not afraid to look different - though I'm not quite sure how I feel about the hat and sandals together in the first pic. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some more of Isabel's style though. And I may even venture to the cinema to see Transformers 2 - my boyfriend will be pleased as I point blank refused to go with him to see the first film...

No comments:

Post a Comment